Posts by Edina
London Business School has created its first new graduate course in six years with the launch of a Masters in Financial Analysis programme. The Masters in Financial Analysis equips fresh graduates to launch and develop a successful career in finance. Stand out from the competition with a solid grounding in finance and accounting, a toolkit of professional skills, and a network that you will be able to draw on throughout your career. The new course will cost £31,000 and will be run from the refurbished former Marylebone Town Hall building. The first class will start the programme in September 2016.
Why choose the Masters in Financial Analysis programme?
- Reputation – the School’s world-renowned finance faculty combine extensive industry knowledge and experience with cutting-edge academic research
- London location – positioned in the capital of global finance, the programme empowers you to leverage our strong links with financial institutions and practitioners
- Access top-tier global recruiters – our Career Centre will connect you with the key finance sector organisations looking to recruit exceptional analyst-level candidates
- Build an exceptional network – immerse yourself in an array of events, clubs and networking opportunities on a campus that buzzes with experienced finance professionals and fellow postgraduate students
- Develop practical finance skills – use the latest finance software and see theory applied in organisations during our Finance Immersion Week
- Acquire the global perspectives essential to a career in finance – study with diverse classmates, learn from our international faculty, and experience our Global Immersion Field Trips
- Develop a well-rounded skillset – gain the tools to succeed in your job search, as well as the communication and professional skills that finance recruiters expect.
Is it right for me?
Are you committed to a career in finance and looking to gain the skills, knowledge and networks to stand out in a highly competitive job market? The Masters in Financial Analysis at London Business School is for you.
- Are you due to graduate in 2015 or 2016, or beyond?
- Do you have less than one year of work experience?
- Are you expected to graduate in a numerate discipline with a UK 2:1 or above? (finance, accounting, economics, engineering, chemistry, physics, maths or computer science for example).
- Have you excelled in sports or the arts, or shown your leadership potential in community or university activities?
I’m delighted to invite you to our exclusive Paris Faculty Master Class on Thursday 28 May. The event will be led by Dr Margaret Ormiston, Assistant Professor of Organisational Behaviour.
Set in groups of 4-5, you’ll take part in The Crocodile Exercise, facilitated by Dr Ormiston. The exercise will help to identify and highlight the difficulties of value diversity and how to get the most out of diverse teams.
19.00 – 19.15: Registration
19.15 – 20.30: Faculty lecture and Q&A
20.30 – 21.30: Drinks reception
Please be sure to register by Tuesday 26 May as spaces are limited. Reserve your place: http://ow.ly/NhsOJ .
On joining the EMBA-Global Asia programme, you’ll be assigned to a study group of four to six people, who will no doubt become lifelong friends. Our students tell us this is one of the most valuable parts of the overall learning experience.
It can be challenging to work in multicultural teams, but it’s an essential management skill that’s highly valued by employers. Each study group is made up of individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds – each with different strengths. You’ll find your study group is invaluable in supporting you through the demands of the programme.
Below is a study group from the current EMBA-Global Asia class.
On joining the EMBA-Global Americas and Europe programme, you’ll be assigned to a study group of four to six people, who will no doubt become lifelong friends. Our students tell us this is one of the most valuable parts of the overall learning experience.
It can be challenging to work in multicultural teams, but it’s an essential management skill that’s highly valued by employers. Each study group is made up of individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds – each with different strengths. You’ll find your study group is invaluable in supporting you through the demands of the programme. Below is a study group from the current EMBA-Global Americas and Europe class.
For the first time since they started the programme in May, the EMBA-Global Americas and Europe and the EMBA-Global Asia students came together for their joint class week in London.
The week offered several opportunities for students to really bond together, meet their peers in person and meet students from the other stream.
To balance their extremely busy schedules during the day, the exciting evening events were dedicated to fun and socialising.
Exceptional candidates hoping to join the May 2015 intake were invited to join some of the classes to get first-hand experience of what it would be like to study the programme. Not only were they in a class filled with high calibre, globally-focused leaders from a variety of nationalities and industries, they saw first-hand how the curriculum was delivered and provided an opportunity to listen to class debates and discussions.
Candidates also had the opportunity to experience a Financial Accounting class taught by Professor Gary Biddle, which seemed to be a particularly popular class and we were extremely pleased with the following feedback we received from visitors:
‘This was a truly invigorating experience and in all honesty, I never thought an accounting class could be taught in such an exciting and interactive way!’
‘Thank you very much for the arrangement. It was a truly eye-opening experience yesterday. The angle of analysing the financial accounting items is very different from what I learnt from CFA textbooks and it is very inspiring.’
We understand that making a decision about the programme takes time, and a thorough research is needed. Observing a class is a really great opportunity to help you to decide whether the EMBA-Global is the right programme for you.
The EMBA-Global students will be in London again in October where we will l be hosting class visits again. For your opportunity to join a class, please send a copy of your CV to enable us to get a better understanding about your background. Please note that we can only accommodate a limited number of candidates.
I would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that we host drop-in sessions on Campus every second Friday, from 4pm. You can also meet us at various events around the world.
For programme enquiries, please do not hesitate to drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org